Updated 1/1/22: As you know, the situation surrounding COVID-19 protocols and regulations is changing rapidly and has resulted in various state and local health mandates. Below are the latest developments:
- A new Health order by the City of Long Beach states that attendees at all outdoor “mega events” – those with attendance of more than 10,000 people – will require proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result prior to entry to the start/finish area on Sunday, October 9th. This order will affect participants of the Marathon, Half Marathon, and/or Bike Tour.
- Also, the current city of Long Beach health order rules also states that attendees age 2 or older at indoor events with over 1,000 people will require proof of vaccination status or negative Covid-19 test result prior to entry. This will affect all participants picking up their race bib at the Race Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center.
- The Long Beach Marathon will adhere to all current health orders instituted by the city of Long Beach, county of Los Angeles, or state of California. If these health orders are rescinded prior to the 2022 event, this requirements will not be in place for participants.
What does this mean?
- If you are participating in a Sunday, October 9th event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – you will be required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result to participate and pick-up your bib.
- Participants in a Sunday event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – will be required to pick up their own race bib. Proxy pick-up will NO LONGER be offered for the 2022 Long Beach Marathon.
- Participants in a Sunday event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – will also be required to show photo ID to pick-up their race bib.
- Anyone (age 2 and up) attending the Race Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center will be required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test to enter.
- Participants will also be required to wear masks in the Start/Finish areas while not actively eating or drinking. Please plan to carry your mask with you on race day.
- Participants in Saturday, October 8th’s Aquarium of the Pacific 5K are NOT required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result to participate.
I am vaccinated, how can I show proof?
- Participants who are fully vaccinated can show hard copy or digital proof of vaccination status upon entering the Long Beach Convention Center. Forms of acceptable proof are:
- CDC card (hard copy or photo)
- An electronic record from State (email or hard copy)
- An electronic record saved to iPhone Wallet
I am unvaccinated, how can I participate?
- Unvaccinated individuals (including children over the age of 2 who are not eligible to be vaccinated) must present a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours of race day (Sunday, October 9th) to participate in the 2022 Long Beach Marathon.
- The test result must be taken no earlier than Thursday, October 6th to comply with the current health order.
- Negative Covid-19 test results (hard copy or photo) can be shown at the Race Expo upon entrance.
- Test results must have the participant name on the result.
- Click here to find a testing center near you.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.