Updated 9/22/21: As you know, the situation surrounding COVID-19 protocols and regulations is changing rapidly and has resulted in various state and local health mandates. Below are the latest developments:
- A new Health order by the City of Long Beach states that attendees at all outdoor “mega events” – those with attendance of more than 10,000 people – will require proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result prior to entry to the start/finish area on Sunday, October 10th. This order will affect participants of the Marathon, Half Marathon, and/or Bike Tour.
What does this mean?
- If you are participating in a Sunday, October 10th event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – you will be required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result to pick up your race bib.
- Participants in a Sunday event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – will be required to pick up their own race bib. Proxy pick-up will NO LONGER be offered for the 2021 Long Beach Marathon.
- Participants in a Sunday event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – will also be required to show photo ID to pick-up their race bib.
- Participants will also be required to wear masks in the Start/Finish areas while not actively eating or drinking. Please plan to carry your mask with you on race day.
- Participants in Saturday, October 9th’s Aquarium of the Pacific 5K are NOT required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result to participate.
I am vaccinated, how can I show proof?
- The Long Beach Marathon is partnering with CrowdPass to streamline the verification process ahead of the 2021 event. Please click the button below to register your status in their system to ensure a quick and easy check-in process at the Race Expo.
- Fully vaccinated participants can upload their vaccination card for verification by the CrowdPass system. Once verified, you will be sent a QR code that you will show at the Race Expo to enter via an express lane.
- While we strongly encourage fully vaccinated participants to upload their results via CrowdPass to get a QR code, you will be able to show proof of vaccination on-site in a non-express lane via:
- CDC card (hard copy or photo)
- An electronic record from State (email or hard copy)
- An electronic record saved to iPhone Wallet
I am unvaccinated, how can I participate?
- Unvaccinated individuals (including children over the age of 2 who are not eligible to be vaccinated) must present a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours of race day (Sunday, October 10th) to participate in the 2021 Long Beach Marathon.
- The test result must be taken no earlier than Thursday, October 7th to comply with the new health order.
- Your negative Covid-19 test result can be uploaded to CrowdPass to streamline the verification process ahead of the 2021 event. Beginning, Thursday, October 7th, you can upload your negative test results via the link below to generate a QR code that you will show at the Race Expo to enter via an express lane.
- Negative Covid-19 test results (hard copy or photo) can also be shown at the Race Expo via a non-express lane.
- Click here to find a testing center near you.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.