Updated 7/1/22: At this time, there are no directives from the City of Long Beach or County of Los Angeles requiring proof of vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a negative Covid-19 test to participate in the Long Beach Marathon. If this maintains through the month of October, proxy pick-up where someone picks up your bib on behalf of you will be allowed again at the 2022 Long Beach Marathon. We will keep you posted ahead of race day.
If you are unable to attend the Race Expo, you may send a proxy to pick up your race packet on your behalf.
You must have signed the digital waiver when registering for the event for a proxy to pick up on your behalf. To verify if you've signed your waivers, please visit your ACTIVE MyEvents account and locate your Long Beach Marathon & Half Marathon entry. If you have not signed your waiver yet, you will see a large red error message that your waivers have not yet been signed.
Please send your proxy with a copy of driver's license (digital picture is OK) and your confirmation email to expedite the pick-up process. Confirmation emails are sent the day before the Race Expo. Proxies may only pick-up packets for up to 3 people.
Updated 1/1/22: As you know, the situation surrounding COVID-19 protocols and regulations is changing rapidly and has resulted in various state and local health mandates. Below are the latest developments:
- A new Health order by the City of Long Beach states that attendees at all outdoor “mega events” – those with attendance of more than 10,000 people – will require proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result prior to entry to the start/finish area on Sunday, October 9th. This order will affect participants of the Marathon, Half Marathon, and/or Bike Tour.
What does this mean?
- If you are participating in a Sunday, October 9th event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – you will be required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result to pick up your race bib.
- Participants in a Sunday event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – will be required to pick up their own race bib. Proxy pick-up will NO LONGER be offered for the 2021 Long Beach Marathon.
- Participants in a Sunday event – the Marathon, Half Marathon, or Bike Tour – will also be required to show photo ID to pick-up their race bib.
- Participants will also be required to wear masks in the Start/Finish areas while not actively eating or drinking. Please plan to carry your mask with you on race day.
- Participants in Saturday, October 8th’s Aquarium of the Pacific 5K are NOT required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result to participate.
Check out our Requirements page for more information.
I cannot attend the Race Expo, can I pick up my bib on race morning?
Yes – race day packet pick-up is still available for $25. You can add this option by visiting your ACTIVE MyEvents account:
- Find your 2022 Long Beach Marathon & Half Marathon entry
- Click Purchase merchandise
- Scroll down to Packet Pick up
- Select Race Day Packet Pick-up for $25
- Click Continue to go to the checkout page
Will I have to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result on race day?
Participants picking up their race bib at the Race Expo will not be required to show proof of vaccination status or a negative Covid-19 test result for a second time.
Participants that are picking up their packet on race morning via Race Day Packet Pick Up ($25) will be required to show a hard/digital copy of their proof of vaccination or negative Covid-19 test result.