1. Are electric bikes (E-bikes) allowed on the course?
No. Electronic or motorized bicycles, scooters, or forms of bicycles are allowed.
2. Are 3 wheeled Trikke-Type Scooters allowed to participate in the Bike Tour?
No. wheeled Trikke-type scooters will not be allowed on the bike course. Any use of e-bikes/Trikkes will result in immediate removal from the bike course and disqualification.
3. What types of bike are allowed?
4. Are bike trailers allowed?
Bike trailers are not allowed on the Bike Tour course.
5. Can tandem cyclists participate?
Yes. Tandem cyclists will receive race items per registrations; if both riders are registered, they will both receive a shirt and medal.
6. What Bike Safety practices will participants be asked to follow?
- The use of safety helmets is mandatory.
- Bike lights encouraged.
- Headphones highly discouraged.
- For safety purposes, parents with kids are asked to line up towards the rear of the pack at the start of the race.
7. Is the Bike Tour Start line in the same location as the run start line?
No, the Bike Tour start line is separate from the run start line. The Bike Tour start line is located at Shoreline Drive and Linden Ave. The marathon and half marathon start is on Shoreline Drive, near Shoreline Village Drive.
8. I’m participating in the Bike Tour + Half Marathon. What should I expect race day?
- Start time for the Bike Tour is 6:00am and there are no late starts allowed.
- There will be a separate bike corral area for Combo participants with extra room for storing running gear – similar to a triathlon transition area (no changing rooms).
- Wave # / start times for the run are 1 / 7:30, 2 / 7:35, 3 / 7:40, 4 / 7:45, or 5 / 7:50 and there will be no starts after the last wave.
- All Bike + Half participants are eligible for Beach Bum Club status. (Half Marathon completion earns Beach Bum status)
- Bike + Half participants are eligible for age division awards and prize money for the run portion.
9. I’m participating in the Bike Tour + Half Marathon. Where do I store my bike before the run portion?
There will be a separate bike corral area only for Bike + Half participants with extra room for storing running gear – similar to a triathlon transition area. No changing rooms will be available.